Your eyes are very sensitive and they can get hurt very easily. This can range from bright lights to stray particles of dirt. This sensitivity can be a problem when you like to work on a variety of projects or are active in sports.
The best way to avoid any injuries is to get some protection for your eyes. There are dozens of safety glasses available on the market today. Your main difficulty will be making a choice from all of them.
This article will take a look at why exactly your eyes need protection, what to look for in safety glasses, and a brief look at the 7 best safety glasses and goggles available today. By the end of it, you should be able to make a well-informed purchase that will protect your eyes for a long time to come.
Protecting Your Eyes
Let’s be clear here: eye protection is a major issue. This is especially so in a work place. Statistics show that three out of five injured workers are like that because they did not wear the proper eye protection or were not wearing it at all. In total, experts estimate that it costs companies $300 million a year to pay for all the losses caused by the lack of eye protection.
The most common injury that you’ll need protection from is flying particles that get into the ye. This is usually from grinding objects or striking them. The force causes splinters to fly out. If unprotected, your eyes can get hurt a lot by this.
Another type of injury that can happen exposure. Bright lights can eventually degrade vision quality. You’ll need to protect yourself from glare so that your eyesight remains good in the long run.
These injuries can severely affect your vision. If you do not want to lose your eyesight or have it impaired, then wearing safety goggles and glasses is a requirement.
What to Look For
When you’re looking for eye protection, there are several factors to consider. The right set of factors can determine whether a pair of safety goggles will be right for you.
- These glasses need to be tough. It is more than small particles that fly out when you’re working. You’ll want a pair of glasses that can handle a direct impact and still function. It is not just solid pieces you’ll want to protect yourself from. Flame and corrosion resistance should protect your from fire and acid, too.
- When you are wearing these safety glasses, you’d also like to see what you’re working on. Note that some glasses have special coating that can make visibility a bit difficult. Wear these only if no delicate work is needed.
- There are work safety glasses and recreation safety glasses. They have two different requirements. Keep this in mind when buying to assure yourself you are getting the right pair.
- You will be wearing these glasses for a long time, especially when you are working. You’ll need to be sure that they are comfortable or you’ll be tempted to take them off. Keep in mind the size that is ideal for you and how to wear them. Some people prefer straps to frames, while other prefer the solidity that frames provide.
- If your eyesight is bad already, you may need prescription lenses. Though most products can accommodate this, you may need to inquire about a custom purchase.
Knowing all these should help you evaluate what’s available on the market. To learn more about what to expect, here are the 7 best safety glasses and goggles available right now so you can make a comparison.
Best Safety Glasses and Goggles 2017
Rank Product Our Rating Price
1 Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses with SCT-Orange Lens CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
2 DEWALT DPG82-11 Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
3 NoCry Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog and Anti-Scratch Wrap-Around Lenses and No-Slip Grips CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
4 3M Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear 11872-00000-20 CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
5 Howard Leight by Honeywell Genesis Sharp-Shooter Safety Eyewear CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
6 TR Industrial Anti-Fog Approved Wide-Vision Lab Safety Goggle CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
7 Encon Wraparound Veratti 307 Safety Glasses, Clear Lens, Translucent Blue Frame CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
1. Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses with SCT-Orange Lens – Protect Yourself From the Glare
When people think of safety glasses, they often think of industrial work as the main venue where your eyes need protection. However, with the popularity of computer’s nowadays, safety glasses are becoming a requirement for those who work with them. This is tanks to the large amount of time that programmers, coders, and other in the software field spend in front of one.
Unlike normal damage to the eyes, the damage of constant exposure is harder to protect from. This is mostly because it is not directly noticeable. This is where the Uvex Skper comes in.
This particular safety glass uses orange lenses and Spectrum Control Technology. This protects people from the blue light that computer screens emit. It is not just for computers, though. These safety glasses are also tough enough to work in an industrial workplace.
- Blue Light Protection. The orange coating and more protect your eyes from harsh glare.
- It has a well-molded frame that will fit well on your face.
- Easy Replacement. The lens are easily detachable and replaceable if needed.
- The orange coating does make it inappropriate for some situations that needed better visibility and lighting.
Overall, these glasses are good for a variety of purposes.
2. DEWALT DPG82-11 Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle – Stick to Your Face
Safety glasses need to fit your face well. Without a good fit, it can be very uncomfortable. This is a problem you won’t get with the DEWALT DPG82-1.
This particular model of safety glass/goggles uses a strap to stick to your face. Instead of chafing though, the glasses ensure a good fit by using dual-injected rubber to mold the glasses section to your face. The result is a comfortable fit that you won’t notice when you’re working.
It has two other important feature. First is the anti-fog measure. Glasses that enclose the eyes often have them fogging up. These glasses don’t thanks to these measures, which ensures people can keep working.
The other feature is that the polycarbonate lenses are strong. Scratches are a big problem when working. With its DeWalt Tough Coating, it will look great no matter what hits it.
- Snug Fit. These goggles will fit well over your face.
- They can handle a lot of punishment.
- There are different coatings on them. They provide protection from UV and glare.
- Tight on the Glasses. If you wear prescription lenses, you can wear them under these, but they can be a tight fit.
Overall, these safety glasses are a good fit for many people.
3. NoCry Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog and Anti-Scratch Wrap-Around Lenses and No-Slip Grips, UV400 Protection. Adjustable, Black & Green – Solid Protection
These NoCry Safety Glasses are for a variety of situations. The flexibility is very admirable. You can wear these in the lab, workshop, and even the field.
One of the great features that these safety glasses is their adjustable nature. A lot of glasses need to be adjusted by your hands. With these pair, you can move the side and pieces so that they can fit your head perfectly. Combined with the rubber tips and nose pad, you’ll forget that they’re even there.
The lenses are polycarbonate and coated to have the usual resistances. They are scratch and glare resistant, while also stopping it from fogging up. It can even protect your eyes from UV exposure.
- Good Fit. The adjustable pad and sides allow for a snug fit.
- Looks Great. They look stylish.
- Wrap Around. Your eyes need protection from the sides, too. Thanks to its wrap-around nature, your eyes will be full protected.
- Does Not Allow for Prescription. You can’t wear your prescription lenses thanks to the tight fit.
Overall, if your eyes are good, you’ll probably want to buy this pair.
4. 3M Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear 11872-00000-20, Foam Gasket, Anti Fog Lens, Clear – Easy Usage
The 3M brand is a well-known one for quality. These safety glasses are no exception. These safety glasses are a great workplace equipment for several reasons.
First of all, it has foam-molded frames. This means that your eyes are protected from particles. It also helps cushion the glasses over your eyes. This ensures comfort and additional protection.
Second, the polycarbonate lenses are especially tough. You can be sure that these glasses won’t crack to harsh impacts. They are durable enough to handle hits without scratches happening.
Another nice feature is the anti-fog measure. This comes up because of the foam molding. If you worry if that will cause these lenses to fog up, then worry no more.
Finally, these glasses also protect you from UV glare. It absorbs 99.9% of it from various sources.
- The Foam. The foam molding stops small particles slipping into your eyes.
- The polycarbonate can handle strong impacts.
- Works Everywhere. You can use these glasses in a variety of situations.
- No Space for Other Glasses. You won’t be able to wear prescription lenses with these.
You’ll want to buy these glasses for added protection from small particles.
5. Howard Leight by Honeywell Genesis Sharp-Shooter Safety Eyewear, Clear Lens (R-03570) – Shoot Straight
For gun enthusiasts, protective glasses are a necessary piece of equipment. They protect them from gunpowder discharge and flash. This is why getting the Howard Leight from Honeywell is a good choice.
These safety glasses are mainly for recreational purposes. It provides decent wraparound protection but not as thorough as industrial safety goggles. However, it is still pretty tough.
The real attraction of this product is that they protect you from flash and glare. This is especially important for those who shoot. Their eyesight needs to remain razor-sharp and these safety glasses ensure that.
Another property that people like is comfort. These glasses are a comfortable fit for those who use them in high-level shooting competitions.
- When shooting, you don’t want any distractions. These glasses are so comfortable that you’ll forget about them.
- You will need to see clearly when you shoot. These glasses ensure that by stopping any fogging and by remaining clear even in the worst environments.
- Spent bullets can come flying towards your face. To protect you from that, these glasses are pretty tough.
- Not for Work. This is specifically for shooting. You will wish something different for work.
6. TR Industrial Anti-Fog Approved Wide-Vision Lab Safety Goggle, ANSI Z87.1 Approved – Be Safe for Science
The lab is one of the places where safety glasses is necessary. However, industrial glasses can be too clunky for your needs. This is why lab safety goggles from TR Industrial are a good choice.
The PVC frame completely frames around your eyes. This ensures that they get maximum protection from various substances that you might encounter. There are vents at the sides so that they won’t fog up. To complete it, the head straps will keep them solidly in place.
These goggles are also fairly durable. The polycarbonate lenses can stand up to a lot of punishment. This protects you from explosions or other accidents in your lab.
- Good Fit. The head strap ensures that these are a good fit.
- Space for Prescription Glasses. You can wear glasses under them.
- The PVC lenses allow you to look through them clearly.
- Imperfect Anti-fog. The anti-fog works enough if you don’t wear a respirator or face mask. It fails when you use them.
If you work in a lab, these are an essential purchase.
7. Encon Wraparound Veratti 307 Safety Glasses, Clear Lens, Translucent Blue Frame (Pack of 1) – Slim and Practical
The Encon Wraparound Veratti safety glasses are a stylish pair of safety glasses that work fairly well. These glasses are for indoor and outdoor work. When you put these on, you’ll be sure to love them.
These lenses are great for a variety of purposes. They are strong against impact and scratches. This helps prolong the life of these safety glasses.
They also absorb 99.9% of UV light. This helps protect your eyes from any damage. Thanks to the wrap-around nature of the lens ensures that it provides maximum protection.
- Nice Look. It looks nice on your face.
- It can resist a lot of impacts and scratches.
- Anti-UV. It protects eyes from UV.
- Narrow Fit. It does have a problem fitting on some faces because of its narrow construction.
Overall, you’ll want to buy this for light work, both indoors and outdoors.
A Final Glance
Your eyesight is very important if you want to keep living your normal life. With your choice from the 7 best safety glasses and goggles on the market, you should be able to preserve it in good condition. Make the best choice possible so that you can enjoy more years of undamaged vision.