Driving can be a dangerous activity. This is especially so if your field of vision is not clear. This is why having a clear windshield is important. The trouble is that windshields tend to get dirty. Dirt and debris fly into it at high speeds while on the move. It can even accumulate dirt while it is in your parking area. The solution to this problem is to regularly clean your windows. One of the best tools to help clean your windshield is a window cleaner. This article should point you in the right direction when buying them and takes a look at the best car window cleaner on the market right now.
Related Questions / Contents
- The Best Car Window Cleaner
- [table id=52 /]
- 1. Squeegee for Shower, Window and Car Glass
- 2. Mallory WS1524A 8-Inch Bug Sponge Squeegee
- 3. Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool
- 4. FULL WERK Multipurpose Microfiber Car Duster Windshield Cleaner
- 5. LvDD Double-sided Window Cleaner
- 6. YRD TECH Windshield Easy Cleaner
- 7. ALEKO WC02BL Window Cleaner
- 8. Detailer’s Choice 6312 Squeegee Car Dryer
- Best Car Window Cleaner FAQs
- A Final Word for The Best Car Window Cleaner
- More Tips for The Best Car Window Cleaner
- More Automotive Buying Guides
The Best Car Window Cleaner
[table id=52 /]
1. Squeegee for Shower, Window and Car Glass
Desire Tools’ Squeegee for Shower, Window and Car Glass is a great purchase for those looking for a decent car window cleaning option. It actually works well with all glass surfaces, making it useful for more than your car. Though it is an all-plastic window cleaner, it doesn’t look cheap at all.
The first thing that you will notice about this product is that the handle is covered in foam. This will provide you with a solid grip as you clean your window, without making it uncomfortable. It helps that the cleaner measures around 10 inches. This is a comfortable length to reach across a car window.
The silicon blade is another innovation. Rubber is the traditional squeegee material, but with silicon, you get a more durable and cleaner blade. This product comes with two additional blades to replace your current one when it gets worn out, which gives this product a lot more value.
- Foam Handle. It provides you with a solid grip.
- Silicon Blade. It gives a cleaner wipe.
- It has more value thanks to the included replacements.
- All Plastic. The product is not as durable as those that use metal.
Still, this is a decent purchase for its price point.
2. Mallory WS1524A 8-Inch Bug Sponge Squeegee
This bug sponge/squeegee product recognizes the problem that most car owners face: bugs keep on splattering to the windshield. When you use the normal rubber blade on these remains, there is a tendency for them to leave streaks on the window.
This is why this window cleaner takes a unique approach. On one side, there is the traditional squeegee blade. However, you turn it over and you see a sponge. It has a mesh pattern so that it can cleanly remove any of the solid dirt that sticks to your car windows.
Though it is fully plastic, it is sturdy enough. The rubber blade does tend to get dull a bit fast. The sponge part is the more durable part. With a long handle, it should be enough to clean most of your windows.
- The sponge gives it a bit more flexibility.
- The handle is 15 inches long, letting you reach the more distant parts.
- Looks Nice. It may be plastic but it doesn’t look cheap.
- This product may not last you long.
Overall, it’s an inexpensive purchase that should be helpful for most situations.
3. Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool
Invisible Glass is one of the more popular brands out there. This window cleaner from them is a rather different solution than the normal one. The distinct squeegee shape now looks more like a shovel.
The result is that instead of having a rubber blade, you’ll notice that it’s more of a sponge. The Reach and Clean tool are for you to clean some hard-to-reach areas. The sponge can curve with non-flat shapes so you’ll be using it for more than your windshields. The popular candidate is the car lights and side mirrors.
The foam handle allows you to have a solid grip on it. This cleaner won’t slip out of your hand in uncomfortable moments. It also protects it from damage.
- Foam Handle. It has a comfortable grip.
- Adaptable Sponge. It adapts well to different shapes.
- Its adaptability makes it good for more than your car.
- Non-standard Shape. The problem is that it is not as good as a squeegee for cleaning flat surfaces.
This is a good purchase for most people who want a flexible cleaner.
4. FULL WERK Multipurpose Microfiber Car Duster Windshield Cleaner
Full Werk sells its popular tool with its microfiber window cleaner. It does not have the standard blade setup but uses a microfiber sponge as its head. This makes it useful for general cleaning and more than just your windows.
Microfibers are very good at cleaning dirt. The fiber is very thorough at picking up all the dirt that accumulates on your windshield. Another innovation that comes with it is that you can just take off the microfiber sponge and replace it with a new one when it gets worn out.
It helps that the head pivots with every cleaning movement. This allows you to hold the cleaner in any position with a comfortable grip. The ergonomic design allows for a solid grip.
- Microfiber Sponge. It cleans very thoroughly.
- Pivoting Head. It moves with every movement, allowing the sponge to clean a surface well.
- Long Handle. It allows you to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- It is not as tough as other materials.
You’ll want to buy this for a product if you want to clean more than your car.
5. LvDD Double-sided Window Cleaner
The Magnetic Window Cleaner has a rather interesting way of cleaning windows. It works by cleaning both sides of a window simultaneously. This is done by having a cleaner on both sides connected by magnetism.
When you wipe on one side, the other wiper went with it. This is ideal for those who want to clean both sides of a window at the same time. This will cut down on the cleaning time.
As for the cleaning portion, the sponge is pretty good. However, it is not as good as a squeegee blade. It cleans well enough though.
- Two Sides at Once. It cleans both sides of a window in one go.
- Good Pad. The cleaning pad is pretty decent.
- It will last for a long time.
- It is heavier than the normal cleaner.
This is a pretty unique cleaner that you will probably prefer to use on your home windows than your car.
6. YRD TECH Windshield Easy Cleaner
This Easy Cleaner is another unconventional window cleaner. Instead of using a squeegee edge, it uses a hand washable microfiber bonnet. The bonnet attaches to the pivoting head of the cleaner to allow you to reach distant areas.
This particular cleaner delivers a complete package. When you buy this cleaner, you get two bonnets, a spray bottle, and the main cleaner itself. This should allow you to clean most of everything.
The main draw is the microfiber bonnets. These are very good cleaning materials and can pick up even the smallest speck of dirt. You can even use them without the cleaner. Just take them off and use it as a rag.
However, the handle is essential if you want a comfortable grip. It is also varying in length, with the components being detachable so that it can vary,
- Complete Package. It has all you need to clean.
- Detachable Handle. Extend or cut down the length by modifying the handle.
- The cleaning material picks up even the smallest dirt.
- It is made of plastic and can break if mishandled.
This nice cleaner can clean up more than your car.
7. ALEKO WC02BL Window Cleaner
If there’s anything that the Aleko window cleaner can be proud of, it is the fact that it is a very simple design. Its no-frills approach allows you to get your cleaning done lightning-fast. This product is a good purchase for those who want to fir something in their glove compartment for portable cleaning.
This cleaner features a short blue handle and a wide rubber blade. The small form allows storage anywhere. Overall, this is a great upgrade to your normal rag.
- Quick Cleaning. The rubber blade allows for a quick swipe and cleaning.
- It fits anywhere.
- Nice to Look at. It looks better than a simple rag.
- This cleaner only allows
Overall, this is a quick purchase that is better than a rag,
8. Detailer’s Choice 6312 Squeegee Car Dryer
This squeegee car dryer is a favorite of many car detailers. This is because it works best for delicate cleaning. You can clean more than your windows with this product.
The big advantage of this product is the silicon blade. It is over a foot wide. The result is that a single swipe will cover a large area.
It does feature a non-standard handle. It provides a solid grip, but it does make it difficult to reach some areas.
This window cleaner is a very good choice for those who want thorough cleaning for their car for several reasons.
- Silicon Blade. This is more durable than the normal rubber one.
- The one-foot width lets you cover a lot of areas.
- Solid Grip. The handle lets you control the cleaner well.
- With the short handle, you may have trouble cleaning some areas.
This is a good general cleaner for your window.
Best Car Window Cleaner FAQs
Why You Need One?
You may be wondering why you need a squeegee. Isn’t a wet rag good enough to clean your windshield? The answer is definitely not. Most people actually use paper towels or even old newspapers.
However, there are definite advantages to using a well-made window cleaner. For one, it does not create extra garbage. Paper towels and newspapers need to be disposed of afterward.
Another reason is that a squeegee cleans a lot better. The comparison is between using a scissor or a razor to shave. A squeegee sticks to the surface, giving the glass a close cleaning.
Finally, it is a lot easier to clean with a window cleaner. Rags and paper towels don’t have convenient handles to hold on to. Additionally, you can’t easily dip them into a fresh pail of cleaning water with no worries. With your window cleaner, windshield cleaning is simpler and much faster.
What to Look For?
When you’re looking for a window cleaner to buy, there are some things that you should seriously consider. These factors can determine how effective the window cleaner will be. Here are some of them.
- Though most of a window cleaner’s part is plastic, the important ones are metal. This is to ensure durability and a certain grip on the rubber. There three main metals that you can choose from. Brass is the oldest type and tends to be heavy, however, it keeps its shape well. The other choices are stainless steel and aluminum. Aluminum squeegees are the lightest but they tend to bend easily. There are some all-plastic squeegees but they are not as durable as their metal brethren.
- The hand is where you hold the window cleaner. The best type of handle is rubber since it molds itself into your grip. This makes it a lot easier to hold and manipulate. It also protects the product from harsh shocks and falls.
- The Blade. The part that allows for window cleaning is the blade. It’s what touches your windshield. It can get dull over time though. You’ll want a squeegee that starts out very sharp so that you can use it for a long time. Their durability also depends on what material they are. Most makers use rubber, but other materials are also becoming popular.
A Final Word for The Best Car Window Cleaner
The best car window cleaner is not going to do anything unless you use it. Remember to regularly clean your car windows so that you have full visibility while on the road. Choose from the best car window cleaners or go looking on your own to ensure your driving safety. With their help, cleaning should not be as much of a chore as it used to be.
More Tips for The Best Car Window Cleaner
How to Super Clean your Windshield
More Automotive Buying Guides
Tire Pressure Gauge
Garage Work Bench
Car Battery Testers
Tire Repair Kit