Windshield washer fluid is an optional consumable for your car. Water can work well on those pumps for normal weather but it lacks the right amount of concentration to keep flowing during cold or hot weather as water temperature easily rises and falls. A good windshield washer fluid can be determined not by its price but by the effectiveness and efficiency of its flow in different weather conditions. It is a small investment that can maintain a clean and healthy car thus buying the best windshield washer fluid is essential.
The Best Windshield Washer Fluid
|1||Best Windshield Washer Fluids in 2017 – Buyer’s Guide||[usr 4.6]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|2||Invisible Glass Premium Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent Washer Fluid Additive - 91491||[usr 4.5]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|3||Prestone BugWash Windshield Washer Fluid - AS257||[usr 4.3]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|4||Nextzett Kristallklar Premium Concentrated Washer Fluid - 92100815||[usr 4.0]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|5||Camco Ice Cutter Spray - 30522||[usr 3.6]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|6||Prestone All-Season Windshield Washer Fluid - AS259||[usr 3.5]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
1. BMW Windshield Washer Concentrate
- It comes in a handy bottle instead of a large jug of concentrated fluid in your trunk.
- The mixture can fill up your car’s washer fluid container or reservoir a few times.
- The usage instructions are clear and easy to understand.
- The product is original and exclusively formulated and manufactured by and for BMW.
- It’s a little expensive for a small bottle (473mL) of washer fluid.
- It needs a dilution process before you can actually pour it into your reservoir.
2. Invisible Glass Premium Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent Washer Fluid Additive
- This fluid greatly improves visibility. The windshield is crystal clear when fluid is applied.
- It acts as a repellent for rain, snow, and sleet. It provides safe driving.
- One bottle is enough to treat 2.5 gallons.
- You can either mix it separately or apply directly onto your washer reservoir.
- Versatile—it can be combined with another brand of seasonal washer fluid.
- The concentration of the fluid in the reservoir decreases over time. You need to drain the reservoir during replacement before filling in the new batch.
- The repellent feature does not seem to work as intended by the manufacturer.
This product works not just through the cold but also through the rain. It repels water, maintaining clear visibility which makes driving safer. It is also flexible—you can choose to mix it with water or other seasonal washer fluids.
3. Prestone BugWash Windshield Washer Fluid
- You can purchase it in one 1-gallon container or in packs of six (6 pieces of 1-gallon containers).
- It is ideal for maintaining cleanliness. It is formulated to kill bacteria, removal of bug residue, grime, bird waste, and tree sap.
- The fluid has a fresh citrus scent, a refreshing non-toxic fragrance.
- It can also work as a glass cleaner used externally.
- There is no other amount you can purchase the fluid. You have to purchase 1 gallon regardless of how much your reservoir can take.
- It will be expensive for people who just want to test out the product as the available minimum volume is 1 gallon only.
- Not designed for winter or in freezing temperatures.
Other than the large volume, it is actually a good windshield washer fluid. Cleaning is made easy through the application of the fluid. It can even work in cleaning off tree sap.
4. Nextzett Kristallklar Premium Concentrated Washer Fluid
- It greatly reduces glare and smears for safe driving.
- Instantly removes dirt and bug residues.
- Greatly reduces wiper shuddering and skipping.
- It has a citrus scent.
- One bottle is enough to make 7 gallons.
- It is advised to be mixed with other solutions because the high concentration can damage the reservoir pipes which can cause leaks if used alone.
- The smell or scent is really strong. It can cause headaches or nausea.
It does work effectively. Instantly clears your windshield after a few strokes of the wiper. The scent, however, is strong and unpleasant. It clearly is a highly concentrated washer fluid that can damage your reservoir if not carefully mixed with water or other solution.
5. Camco Ice Cutter Spray
- It comes in a 32-ounce spraying bottle.
- It has a thick formula where the fluid stays on where it is directly sprayed.
- The spray allows for great control.
- It has an antifreeze feature—instantly melts frost and ice build-up.
- It can only be used as external washer fluid. It cannot be used to fill in your car’s washer fluid reservoir.
- Slightly expensive for a few ounces of fluid.
- It is a spray and actually not a replacement washer fluid for any container or reservoir.
This is a windshield spray and not a reservoir replacement washer fluid. Although used externally, it is actually a great windshield washer that can instantly clean and thaw.
6. Prestone All-Season Windshield Washer Fluid
- Has bug wash technology with de-icer for thawing winter frost.
- Great for cleaning against road grime during spring and summer.
- It can easily clean bug residue, bird waste, and tree sap.
- It is very affordable for a 1-gallon
- The fluid when being flushed from the water reservoir tends to get bubbly.
- It leaves streaks on your windshield.
This is currently the best-selling windshield cleaner in the market. It has made its way to the top of the list due to its incredible cleaning performance as well as being affordable.
Best Windshield Washer Flued FAQs
Why We Need Windshield Washer Fluids?
Water starts to freeze below 32°F. It also cannot clean bacteria present in your windshield from bird droppings and insects. It also does not have any fragrance or antibacterial properties to cover up and combat foul odors from different substances that your windshield might come across.
Washer fluid formula is created with detergent or cleaning solutions that plain water lacks. It is highly recommended for people who live in places with harsh climate or environment. It also keeps the pipes from clogging.
What to Look for When Buying Windshield Washer Fluids?
Some window washer fluids require mixing with a certain volume of water. This process is called thinning. It is usually done on highly concentrated windshield fluids to smoothen the mixture. Plus, it would be more practical because it can save you money by the volume doubled by plain water.
Conclusion for the Best Windshield Washer Fluid
All these products are technically the best windshield washer fluids. But of course, the claims of being the best depends on the person using it. The ratings and reviews only act as a determining factor where you can base your decisions.
More Tips for the Best Windshield Washer Fluid
DIY Windshield Washer Fluid