When you own a car, there comes a point where you need to do maintenance and repairs especially when it comes to parts that involve safety such as the front and rear brake pads. When replacing these parts, always get the best brake pads available.
A lot of manufacturers claim that their product is the best in the market, but how can you really tell if these claims are true? A possible solution would be to conduct your own research about certain products or read about different brake pad reviews. Other people’s opinions can influence and help you make your decision because most of them have actually tested the product themselves.
Why Do We Need Brake Pads?
You do not want to get yourself into an accident because of thinning brake pads. Cars have a signal for a replacement called the wear indicator. It is a small piece of metal located at one end of your brake pad. Once the brake pad reaches a certain level of being worn out, the wear indicator will make a squeaking sound every time you apply brakes.
What Should We Look for when Buying Brake Pads?
You need to look for brake pads that are made especially for or compatible with your car. There are two types of brake pads, the front and rear, also known as rim brake pads and disc brake pads respectively. You also need to take into account different factors such as rim type, riding conditions and the brand or manufacturer.
7 Best Front and Rear Brake Pads
|1||StopTech® Sport Brake Pads 309.10010 (formerly Street Performance Pads)||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|2||ACDelco® 17D1194CH Professional Ceramic Rear Disc Brake Pad Set||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|3||Wagner® ThermoQuiet® QC537 Ceramic Rear Disc Pad Set||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|4||Wagner® QuickStop® ZD1444 Ceramic Front Disc Pad Set with Pad Installation Hardware||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|5||ACDelco® 14D785CH Advantage Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set with Hardware||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|6||Wagner® ThermoQuiet® QC1274 Ceramic Rear Disc Pad Set||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|7||Akebono Pro-ACT® Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads - ACT1089||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
- The pad surface provides positive and reliable bites in both hot and cold environments.
- It has a low dust formulation system that makes it easier to clean.
- The precision cut plates make it a perfect fit.
- It is made with high-temperature compound that provides consistent performance.
- The stopping power is only average.
- It won’t fit in a Subaru Impreza WRX – 2008.
- It makes a squeaking sound.
This brake pad gives a smooth street performance and maintains optimum performance in both hot and cold outdoor temperatures. It is engineered to perform with refinement and comfort on every drive.
- It has been quality tested to SAE J2784 and D3EA in terms of effectiveness, noise, vibration, harshness (NVH) and durability.
- It is integrally molded to create a nice friction for perfect bonding.
- The backing plate reduces noise and protects the pads from wearing out easily.
- Creates a noise every time you hit the brakes.
- It fits but not as perfect as you would expect it to be.
The product is generally good. The rating it has that made it land on the top spot is actually justified by the quality of the brake pads. Expect a smooth stop every time you hit your brakes.
- It is 35% quieter than most of the best brake pad brand.
- Features the Wagner® OE21™ low copper technology.
- The stopping power if 15% stronger than normal brake pads.
- The brake pads will last for so long before it needs replacement.
- Limited compatibility.
- Only good for regular driving. Frequent long drives can wear it out pretty fast.
The Wagner ThermoQuiet® QC537 will not disappoint you with noises and squeaks. It is guaranteed to provide the quiet stopping power your car needs.
- Tested to provide outstanding stopping power.
- It does not give off vibration because of the application-specific design.
- Also features the Wagner® OE21™ low copper technology (2021 compliant ceramic formulation).
- The product does not fit the rotor well.
- It produces a noise as if indicating that it is loose.
It is generally an amazing product. The functionality, zero vibration and the stopping power is enough to provide you a safe and comfortable ride.
- Ready to and very easy to install.
- It has chamfers that help in diminishing vibrations and noise.
- Made of ceramic and semi-metallic materials.
- It is advertised by most as a front brake pad but is actually a rear brake pad.
- Provides great performance but it wears out fast.
It is a high-performance brake pad that easily wears out and it comes at a very affordable and reasonable price.
- It is an improved version of the ThermoQuiet® QC537.
- Increased car compatibility.
- Very quiet. Does not create any squeaks and vibrations.
- It has protection from dust and dirt.
- Extended use slowly creates slight sounds and vibrations.
- It heats up fast making your brake more sensitive.
- Heat also wears the brake pads faster than normal.
This product is actually one of the best ceramic brake pads that made it to the list of the top quality products. It is considered as one of the best brake pads that have strong and reliable stopping power.
- It is made of high-grade materials that control vibration, noise and harshness.
- It requires no break-ins. Ready to install.
- It works smoothly with any rotors for longer life.
- It has a slanted design which makes the stop inefficient or has a low stopping power.
- The pads crack and wear out at the expense of performance.
It holds the highest rating of 4.6/5 in the top 7 list. It also has many good feedbacks and recommendations possibly due to high performance.
These products may look cheap but these are actually the best performing brake pads at an affordable and reasonable cost. It can guarantee a safe and smooth ride. It will last over a long period of time.