If you have a look at your vehicle’s manual, you will see that there are enough service reminders and maintenance points. However, focusing on a few main areas will keep your vehicle operating safely and reliably for years to come. We love to breathe fresh air, otherwise, we feel suffocated. The same goes for an automobile’s engine and it can’t function properly when clogged with dirt and dust resulting in reduced gas mileage, horsepower. Thus, regularly replacing the engine air filter is paramount. Below is the list of the best engine air filters you can consider buying.
The Best Engine Air Filters
|1||Dorman696-604 Air Cleaner Intake Hose||[usr 4.7]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|2||Bosch 71028 Fuel Filter||[usr 4.5]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|3||Best Cabin Air Filter||[usr 4.3]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|4||WIX Filters - 46213 Air Filter Panel, Pack of 1||[usr 4.0]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|5||FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter||[usr 3.7]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|6||K&N 33-2304 High Performance Replacement Air Filter||[usr 3.5]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
1. WIX Air Filter Panel
The next in our list is the WIX Filters. The company Wix Filters has been an innovator in filtration products. The product provides excellent filtration and increased airflow. The product contains an adhesive form for the filters along with a mesh support screening. Another important feature of this product is that it appears with a urethane soft sealing gasket.
- Increased airflow
- No problems with fitting
- Easy replacement procedure
- It is thicker than the OEM filter
- Great price
- Does not fit on a 2004 Jeep Cherokee Overland model
- Thinner than the Nissan brand filter.
Flexible filtration procedure will cater to the customer needs.
2. K&N 33-2304 High-Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N produces one of the best replacement air filters which are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing outstanding filtration. The company produces 1,200 different replacement air filters for every vehicle plying on the road. Besides, the filters can be washable and reusable and are customized to fit into the existing factory air box. The product’s drop-in design means adding performance is simple. Another important aspect of the product is that it is highly durable even after driving up to 50000 miles after which it requires servicing. The disposable air filter of most vehicles can be removed and replaced with a K&N. Additionally, the company has provided for stock replacement air filters for street vehicles and so are covered by its famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty. Furthermore, K&N Consumer Protection Plan goes one step ahead than the K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty.
- Adds horsepower and acceleration while providing exceptional engine protection
- Easy to install
- Backed by the K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty
- High airflow with remarkable filtration
- Air filters washable and reusable
- Can last up to 50,000 miles between servicing, depending on driving conditions
- Unrestricted airflow while protecting the engine
- The media is pleated and oiled to enhance overall filtration and performance
- K&N 33-2304 does not fit 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
- Does not filter dirt as OEM filter
The product differentiates from other products by offering Consumer Protection Plan.
Best Engine Air Filters FAQs
Why buying Air filters for Automobiles?
Air filters are essential to prevent dirt and other harmful particles from penetrating into the engine. Besides, it prevents particles from entering into the air conditioning system. Moreover, air filters ensure quality performance in vehicles. There are different shapes and sizes for air filters. Best quality air filters cost a bit more but are nonetheless high performers with improved fuel economy.
The rate at which one needs to change your air filter will vary based on two factors.
- How many miles have you driven each year and the atmospheric conditions during those miles? Most manufacturers suggest changing the filter after every 5,000 miles. However, many consumers experience shows that the air filters in many vehicles appear to be fine even after covering 7,500 to 10,000 miles.
- If you drive in severe conditions such as rural dirt roads, or urban areas with a lot of dust from construction, you might have to change the air filter more often.
What factors to consider in buying air filter?
The number of air filters companies and models can be overwhelming. However, some important determinants need to be considered before making a purchase. They are:
- Cost of the air filtration system
- Cost of replacement: Since many of the cheaper air filtration systems have a higher cost than the expected prices for replacement.
- Check whether the air filtration system has the capacity to filter the required volume of air
- Quality of air filter system
- Check how often filters must be replaced
- Determining the life cycle of a filter for greater efficiency
To provide an idea of the best air filters for automobiles, we have provided some of the best air filter companies in the market. Hence, the article will include the 6 best air filters for automobiles with the important information and specifications needed before making a buying decision. We felt these are the best players in the current market and purchasing a kind of these is justifiable and worthwhile. Besides, we will be comparing the best 6 air filter brands based on their pros and cons and reviews. Hopefully, this can help you to make a better buying decision.
Conclusion for the Best Engine Air Filter
It is a tough screening process for any buyers after going through the above-mentioned auto air filters comparison. However, we have tried to give an overview of the best automotive air filters available in the marketplace. Hopefully, this article helped you in your buying decision process. Prior to buying air filters, it is imperative to consider the quality, price and product features for a long-lasting, durable and efficient air filter. The aforementioned air filters have lots of identical features and so the right selection is subjected to the buyer’s discretion. It is also noteworthy to mention that some of the best air filters for cars and other automobiles offer refunds in case the product fails to meet the buyer’s expectation. Therefore, the buyer has a great luxury to experience any of these products. We hope that the chances are pretty high that the buyer will find the products favorable owing to the attractive features.
More Tips for the Best Engine Air Filter
How to Replace Your Air Filter