Modern automobiles don’t require as much attention and consideration as they did 50 years ago. However, it is imperative to ensure periodic maintenance of one’s vehicle. Hence, keeping up with vehicle’s maintenance is important. If you have a look in your vehicle’s manual, you will see that there are enough service reminders and maintenance points. However, focusing on a few main areas will keep your vehicle operating safely and reliably for years to come. We love to breathe fresh air. Otherwise we feel suffocated. The same goes for an automobile’s engine. The engine can’t function properly when clogged with dirt and dust resulting in reduced gas mileage, horsepower and even causing your engine to run rough.
All types of automobiles are vulnerable to harmful debris which enters where air and fluid flows, including engine, radiator, fuel lines and many more. Whenever a filter is outdated, it loses its ability to function properly leading to decreased performance and damaged engine. Apparently a dirty air filter will badly affect the engine so that it will not run properly. Moreover, a dirty air filter will prevent the engine from just enough air to hamper performance. Therefore, it is recommended that the air filters be changed on occasion as dirt and debris begins to build up.
Why buying Air filters for Automobiles?
Air filters are essential to prevent dirt and other harmful particles from penetrating into the engine. Besides, it prevents particles from entering into the air conditioning system. Moreover, air filters ensures quality performance in vehicles. There are different shapes and sizes for air filters. Best quality air filters cost a bit more but are nonetheless high performers with improved fuel economy.
The rate at which one needs to change your air filter will vary based on two factors.
- How many miles have you driven each year and the atmospheric conditions during those miles. Most manufacturers suggest changing the filter after every 5,000 miles. However, many consumers experience shows that the air filters in many vehicles appear to be fine even after covering 7,500 to 10,000 miles.
- If you drive in severe conditions such as rural dirt roads, or urban areas with a lot dust from construction, you might have to change the air filter more often.
Factors to consider for buying air filters:
The number of air filters companies and models can be overwhelming. However, some important determinants need to be considered before making a purchase. They are:
- Cost of the air filtration system
- Cost of replacement: Since many of the cheaper air filtration systems have higher cost than the expected prices for replacement.
- Check whether the air filtration system being considering has the capacity to filter the required volume of air
- Quality of air filter system
- Check how often filters must be replaced
- Determining the life cycle of a filter for greater efficiency
To provide an idea of the best air filters for automobiles, we have provided some of the best air filter companies in the market. Hence, article will include the 6 best air filters for automobiles with the important information and specifications needed before making a buying decision. We felt these are the best players in the current market and purchasing a kind of these is justifiable and worthwhile. Besides, we will be comparing the best 6 air filter brands based on their pros and cons and reviews. Hopefully the article can help you to make a better buying decision.
Explore this Article
- 1 Top 6 Air Filters with Reviews
- 1.1 1. Dorman696-604 Air Cleaner Intake Hose
- 1.2 2. Bosch 71028 Fuel Filter
- 1.3 3. Best Cabin Air Filter
- 1.4 4. WIX Filters – 46213 Air Filter Panel, Pack of 1
- 1.5 5. FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter
- 1.6 6. K&N 33-2304 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
- 1.7 More Tips
- 1.8 How to Replace your Air Filter
- 2 More Reviews and Buyers Guides
Top 6 Air Filters with Reviews
|1||Dorman696-604 Air Cleaner Intake Hose||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|2||Bosch 71028 Fuel Filter||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|3||Best Cabin Air Filter||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|4||WIX Filters - 46213 Air Filter Panel, Pack of 1||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|5||FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|6||K&N 33-2304 High Performance Replacement Air Filter||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
1. Dorman696-604 Air Cleaner Intake Hose
Dorman is a key player when it comes to producing air filters and its products appears first in a customer’s mind before purchasing air filters for their automobiles. This product ranks the top of the best air filters for automobiles with lots of positive reviews from its users. The air filter brand has effectively solved problems and sparked customer’s interest for repurchase. The price is quite reasonable and the stringent quality control measures ensure that this part conforms to product standards. Besides, the company has a provision for direct replacement for a proper fit every time. The product has been designed in such a way that it accommodates all necessary emission fittings.
Besides, Dorman provides warranty from any defects in the material and workmanship under normal use and service. In addition to that, Dorman will also replace any product free of charge in case Dorman’s reasonable determination does not comply with the preceding warranty. Now let’s look at the pros and cons of the product.
- Trouble free installation
- Can be installed within just 5 minutes
- Perfectly fit for replacement
- Price is just perfect
- Right fit for most of the car models namely Mazda
- Designed to accommodate all necessary PCV and emission fittings
- Hose slides on easily for trouble free installation
- Warrants its products against any defects
- Replaceable free of charge
- Doesn’t fit with Volkswagen Jetta cars
Finally it can be concluded that this air filter of Dorman brand is without a doubt is one of the best auto air filter brand with high quality and right fit for different types of automobiles. Besides, it has provisions for replacement and warranty that can propel a potential customer to try out Dorman.
2. Bosch 71028 Fuel Filter
Bosch is a global leader in manufacturing OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and aftermarket automotive parts. Bosch parts are trusted for their quality, durability and performance. With such a wide range of OEM parts, chances are high that if one buys the aftermarket part from Bosch, Bosch made the part for the car originally. Similar to Dorman, Bosch warrants its products free from defects in material or workmanship
- Keeps all dirt out of fuel system to ensure optimum performance
- Price is extremely cheap
- Great replacement and great fit
- Excellent OEM quality product
- Warranty for any defects
- Replaceable free of charge
- Can be repaired free of charge
- Doesn’t fit with the Audi A4 models
From the above information it can summed up that this product’s quality and specifications makes the product best rated aftermarket air filters for cars.
3. Best Cabin Air Filter
Another best air filter option is Best Cabin air filter which fits with the most renowned car companies such as Fits Toyota, Lexus, Land Rover, Pontiac, Scion, and Subaru. With ease of change and fit makes the product immensely flexible along with easy installation. Additionally it is OEM fit and maximizes air flow. Besides, the Best Company provides money back guarantee provided that the Cabin Filters are not up to user satisfaction. Hence, Best will provide you with a full refund. In addition to that, one can change the filters after driving every 12000 miles. Therefore, it is more durable and long lasting.
- Activated carbon Technologies blocks out dirt, dust, pollen, allergens, and harmful Fumes
- Easy fit and easy to change
- Activated carbon
- Premium efficiency
- Replacement filter can be changed within 10 Minutes
- Great price with no problems in delivery
- OEM fit guarantee
- Durable and long lasting
- Provision for money back guarantee
- Does not fit with Lexus 2002 IS300 cabin filter area as advertised.
Recommendable as it offers a money back guarantee along with the advantages. The product is adaptable with the common car brands and is also guaranteed as OEM fit.
4. WIX Filters – 46213 Air Filter Panel, Pack of 1
The next in our list is the WIX Filters. The company Wix Filters has been an innovator in filtration products. The product provides excellent filtration and increased air flow. The product contains adhesive form for the filters along with a mesh support screening. Another important feature of this product is that it appears with urethane soft sealing gasket.
- Increased airflow
- No problems with fitting
- Easy replacement procedure
- It is thicker than the OEM filter
- Great price
- Does not fit on a 2004 Jeep Cherokee Overland model
- Thinner than the Nissan brand filter.
Flexible filtration procedure will cater to the customer needs.
5. FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter
FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filters is highly regarded as best air filter as it can keep up to 98% of road dust and pollen particles from entering the vehicles and thus enhancing driving comfort. Currently FRAM is known as one of the best filter brand and the FRAM team continues to manufacture and market a variety of quality oil, air and fuel filters, as well as many automotive accessories. Moreover, this product is the only cabin air filter consisting of Arm & Hammer baking soda and activated carbon embedded in the filter that can help remove odors flowing through the vehicle ventilation system. In addition to that, Fram cabin air filter is easy to install and the product deodorizes the air drawn into the vehicle, improves available airflow precarious to the efficient workings of air conditioning and heating systems. Other than that, replacing of cabin air during intervals improves air intake air flow used in heating and air conditioning systems. Besides, the product can be installed quickly and easily in most of the cars in minutes with tools or sometimes with no tools, which depends on the car model.
- Premium efficiency
- Improved air flow
- Odor absorption
- Fresh air
- Easy to install
- Warranted against defects in design, materials and workmanship
- The filter seems is well constructed
- Captures a lot of debris within a year
- Slightly larger than the OEM filter, and thus requires some manipulation and bending to squeeze the filter into the plastic frame
- Tight fit for Honda Civic 2006
The product has a unique selling proposition with its odor absorption along with its heating and air conditioning features.
6. K&N 33-2304 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N produces one of the best replacement air filters which are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing outstanding filtration. The company produces 1,200 different replacement air filters for every vehicle plying on the road. Besides, the filters can be washable and reusable and are customized to fit into existing factory air box. The product’s drop-in design means adding performance is simple. Another important aspect of the product is that it is highly durable even after driving up to 50000 miles after which it requires servicing. The disposable air filter of most vehicles cane be removed and replaced with a K&N. Additionally, the company has provision for stock replacement air filters for street vehicles and so are covered by its famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty. Furthermore, K&N Consumer Protection Plan goes one step ahead than the K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty.
- Adds horsepower and acceleration while providing exceptional engine protection
- Easy to install
- Backed by the K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty
- High air flow with remarkable filtration
- Air filters washable and reusable
- Can last up to 50,000 miles between servicing, depending on driving conditions
- Unrestricted air flow while protecting engine
- The media is pleated and oiled to enhance overall filtration and performance
- K&N 33-2304 does not fit 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
- Does not filter dirt as OEM filter
The product differentiates from other products by offering Consumer Protection Plan.
It is a tough screening process for any buyers after going through the above mentioned auto air filters comparison. However, we have tried to give an overview of the best automotive air filters available in the marketplace. Hopefully this article helped you in your buying decision process. Prior to buying air filters it is imperative to consider the quality, price and product features for a long lasting, durable and efficient air filter. The aforementioned air filters have lots of identical features and so the right selection is subjected to the buyer’s discretion. It is also noteworthy to mention that some of the best air filter for cars and other automobiles offer refund in case the product fail to meet the buyer’s expectation. Therefore, the buyer has a great luxury to experience any of these products. We hope that the chances are pretty high that the buyer will find the products favorable owing to the attractive features.