Because fuel injectors are an integral part of a car’s engine, it is very important to clean them on a regular basis and make sure they are operating properly. If you don’t clean your fuel injector, you are likely to encounter a variety of problems such as it may become blocked or dirty due to carbon, gum or varnish deposits. The fuel injector nozzle may develop leaks and it may not open or close properly. If you are looking for the best fuel injector cleaner, below is the list of top fuel injector brands you can consider for your car.
Related Questions / Contents
- The Best Fuel Injector Cleaner
- Best Fuel Injector FAQs
- More Tips for the Best Fuel Injector
- More Automotive Buying Guides
The Best Fuel Injector Cleaner
[table id=6 /]
6. STP SUPER CONCENTRATED FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER
The STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner is by far the most affordable option on this list. It currently sells on Amazon for less than $3 and is 3 times cheaper than anything else on this list. One might think that this cheap price is too good to be true. However, the STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner is not only very popular but also contains a very advanced, super-concentrated formula that effectively cleans a wide variety of engine components. The concentrated detergents found in the STP cleaner help to dissolve and remove harmful carbon, gum, and varnish deposits in the fuel delivery system. This cleaner effectively improves gas mileage and restores lost power and acceleration for all gasoline engines. Additionally, it helps smooth rough idles and eliminates cold start problems. The STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner is made with jet fuel, which is a high-quality carrier of many active ingredients that help to clean the fuel delivery system.
• Superb value
• Excellent customer reviews and ratings
• Super concentrated formula
• Effectively cleans a wide variety of engine components including fuel pumps, fuel injectors, valves, and combustion chambers
• Helps dissolve and remove harmful carbon, gum, and varnish deposits
• Extremely powerful formula that is made with jet fuel
• Helps save gas by improving engine efficiency and gas mileage
• Restores lost power and acceleration
• Reduces rough idles and eliminates cold start issues
5. CHEVRON TECHRON CONCENTRATE PLUS FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER
The Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner is another very popular fuel injector cleaner and system additive. It is an excellent value and will do a thorough job of cleaning the entire fuel system. Not only does the Chevron cleaner protect and clean the fuel injector, but it also protects and cleans the fuel pump, the intake valves, and the combustion chambers. If your car is experiencing lackluster fuel economy, lost power, or a malfunctioning fuel gauge sensor, it would be a good idea to try the Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner because it has been shown to solve all of these problems and more. It can also improve cold start performance and fuel stability for up to one year. Finally, the Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner can reduce rough idle, spark plug fouling, engine surge, and engine hesitation. This cleaner from Chevron is a great all-around cleaner that has been known to fix myriad automotive problems through its powerful cleaning and lubricating formula.
• Great value
• Excellent all-around cleaner
• Clean entire fuel system including fuel injector, fuel pump, intake valves, and combustion chambers
• Helps improve fuel economy, power, acceleration, fuel gauge sensor operation, cold start performance, and fuel stability
• Reduces rough idle, spark plug fouling, engine surge, and engine hesitation
4. BG 44K FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER
• Very popular product
• Extensive experience in the automotive industry
• Trusted by professional mechanics and automobile manufacturers
• Very versatile formula that works with all types of fuel and fuel additives
• Effectively cleans fuel pumps, fuel injectors, valves, and combustion chambers
• Improves gas mileage, power, and acceleration
• Relatively expensive
• Not made in the United States of America
• Not as environmentally friendly as other alternatives
3. ROYAL PURPLE MAX-CLEAN FUEL CLEANER
The Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel Cleaner is not only a very effective fuel cleaner but also it is the most environmentally friendly option on this list. The Royal Purple cleaner reduces hydrocarbon, NOx and CO emissions from all gasoline engines. In addition to its environmental benefits, the Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel Cleaner improves fuel economy and helps restore lost horsepower. If an engine is knocking or pinging due to harmful deposits, the Royal Purple formula will help clean and remove these deposits. Additionally, thanks to its specifically designed formula, the cleaner from Royal Purple is excellent at stabilizing fuel during off-season or storage. This cleaner also offers superior corrosion and oxidation inhibiting properties. The Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel Cleaner is specifically formulated to work with all types of fuels including gasoline, diesel, ethanol blends, and biofuel. In addition to its fuel versatility, this cleaner also works on a variety of engines including 4-cycle and 2-cycle engines. The cleaner from Royal Purple is an excellent option if you need a cleaner for all types of engines because it is effective for all types of fuel and all types of engines. Finally, this cleaner is a great value because one can is sufficient for treating up to 20 gallons of gasoline.
• Most environmentally friendly option on this list
• Very powerful cleaning formula
• Works with all types of engines including gasoline, diesel, ethanol blends, and biofuel
• Excellent at stabilizing fuel during extended idle periods
• Improves fuel economy and restores horsepower
• Can be used in both 4-cycle and 2-cycle engines
• Great value
2. LUCAS COMPLETE FUEL TREATMENT
If any fuel treatment were going to give the Red Line Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner a run for its money, it would be the Lucas Complete Fuel Treatment. These two formulas are widely considered to be the best fuel injector cleaners on the market. The Lucas Complete Fuel Treatment is made in the USA and is designed to work with American vehicles. Not only does the Lucas formula clean and lubricate the entire fuel system, but it also neutralizes fuel that has problems due to low sulfur. The Lucas Complete Fuel Treatment is specifically designed to burn excess exhaust emissions, which helps to increase the power and efficiency of the engine. This cleaner also has been shown to increase the life of fuel pumps and fuel injectors. The Lucas Complete Fuel Treatment was formulated for both gas and diesel engines. The blend of super slick oils and additives thoroughly cleans your engine and can also help to pass smog tests in California.
• Made in the United States of America
• Formulated for diesel and gasoline engines
• Increases fuel efficiency and power by burning excess emissions
• Helps to pass a smog test
• Proven to increase the lifetime of fuel pumps and fuel injectors
• Neutralizes fuel that has problems due to low sulfur content.
• Not as environmentally friendly as Royal Purple Max-Clean
• Not as concentrated as Red Line Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner
• More expensive than other alternatives
1. RED LINE COMPLETE SI-1 FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER
The Red Line Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner is the best-selling fuel injector cleaner on Amazon for a reason. Not only does it clean to nearly 100% efficiency in one treatment, but also this cleaner is completely safe for your vehicle, even if you continually use it. The Red Line Complete comes in a 15oz. concentrated bottle that is good for one use. Because it is a detergent-based cleaner, it will clean fuel injectors, valves, carburetors, and combustion chambers. The Red Line formula contains a mixture of high-temp and low-temp detergents that will clean even the dirtiest of fuel injectors. This cleaner from Red Line has been shown to increase fuel efficiency and restore lost power and acceleration. Additionally, it will reduce rough idles and eliminate issues due to cold starts. Finally, this cleaner has been shown to significantly increase the life of fuel pumps and fuel injectors. The Red Line Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner is the perfect choice for an all-around fuel additive that will clean the entire fuel delivery system and increase the longevity of the fuel pump and fuel injector.
• Great value
• Cleans to nearly 100% efficiency in one use
• Very popular for all types of vehicles
• Excellent reviews and ratings
• Good for vehicles that haven’t moved in a long time
• Comes with synthetic upper cylinder lubricant
• Increase fuel economy and restore lost power
• Reduces rough idle and issue related to cold starts
• Not as environmentally friendly as Royal Purple Max-Clean
• Not made in the United States
• Not designed for diesel engines
Best Fuel Injector FAQs
What is the history of the fuel injector?
Fuel injection was one of the most important automotive advances of the 20th century. Fuel injection is aptly named because it is a method of introducing fuel in an internal combustion engine via an injector. Up until the 1980s, most cars used carburetors. However, since the 1980s, most cars have switched to fuel injection because of the many advantages fuel injection has compared to carburetors.
How does fuel injector work?
In order to inject fuel into a car’s engine, your gas pump delivers gasoline to a small nozzle inside the fuel injector. The gas is then converted into a mist under high pressure and sprayed into the engine. This mist is able to deliver the proper amount of fuel to a car’s engine, thereby increasing efficiency. Carburetors, on the other hand, rely on suction created by intake air to draw fuel into the engine.
What are the advantages of a fuel injector?
Fuel injection offers many advantages. Not only do fuel-injected engines have smoother and more consistent throttle response, but they also easier cold starting, more stable idling, better fuel efficiency, and decreased maintenance needs. Even though fuel injectors offer all of these benefits, it was their environmental friendliness that eventually caused their widespread adoption in automobile manufacturing. In the 1970s and 1980s, the U.S. and Japanese governments imposed increasingly strict exhaust emissions regulations. In order to comply with these strict regulations, manufacturers initially started developing more and more complicated carburetors. Even though basic carburetors are cheaper to manufacture than fuel injectors, these more complicated carburetors proved to be more expensive than fuel injection. Thus, most automobile manufacturers started switching to fuel injected engines.
The development and increased popularity of fuel injectors have provided a wide variety of benefits to modern car owners. Modern, fuel-injected cars provide smooth acceleration, improved throttle control, increased fuel efficiency, decreased maintenance issues, and drastically limited toxic emissions. Thanks to emissions regulations imposed by the U.S. and Japanese governments, fuel-injected engines have been the norm since the 1980s. Even though fuel injectors bring a wide variety of benefits, they also require maintenance and cleaning to ensure they are functioning properly. The easiest way to clean and care for the fuel injector on your car is via fuel additives and fuel injector cleaners. The 6 options mentioned above are the most popular and effective fuel injectors currently on the market.
More Tips for the Best Fuel Injector
How to Clean Fuel Injector without Expensive Tools