What’s the most exciting activity for a person who is an avid car enthusiast? Well, other than look into the hood, it’s learning more about cars.
If you love a car, you’d want to know everything about them. And afficinados not only fascinated by the pictures of cars in shiny magazines, but they also want to learn about what goes behind the scene when the car is being assembled.
If you are a car lover like us and love to read car books – again, like us – you have come to the right place.
In this article, we have listed 10 best car books for car lovers.
Explore this Article
- 1 Best Books for Long Drives
- 1.1 1. The Complete Book of Ford Mustang by Mike Mueller
- 1.2 2. Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business by Bob Lutz
- 1.3 3. My Dad Had That Car by Tad Burness
- 1.4 4. The BMW Century by Tony Lewin
- 1.5 5. A Beginner’s Guide to Living in an RV by Alyssa Padgett
- 1.6 6. How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive by John Muir
- 1.7 7. How to Build a Car by Adrian Newey
- 1.8 8. The Art of the Automobile: The 100 Greatest Cars by Dennis Adler
- 1.9 9. Million Dollar Classics: The World’s Most Expensive Cars by Martin Derrick and Simon Clay
- 1.10 10. Speed Reads: Supercar by Basem Wasef
Best Books for Long Drives
1. The Complete Book of Ford Mustang by Mike Mueller
A heavily illustrated book, The Complete Book of Ford Mustang takes a thorough look at the 50-plus years of production of Mustang. It doesn’t only talk about the visual changes the Mustang went through over the years, but it also provides facts and data to better explain how the Mustang has changed from generation to generation.
2. Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business by Bob Lutz
If you are more interested in learning about what goes in the automobile industry, we recommend you give a read to this amazing book written by Bob Lutz who has talked about his time at GM in the book.
3. My Dad Had That Car by Tad Burness
This picture book contains around 12,500 illustrations of 10,000 cars. Along with the pictures, the author has provided detailed information regarding the design and specifications of the cars.
4. The BMW Century by Tony Lewin
To learn about the first 100 years of the automobile giant ‘BMW’, the book is a good source. It discusses the company’s rich history in detail and doesn’t shy away from mentioning the company’s rocky past too.
5. A Beginner’s Guide to Living in an RV by Alyssa Padgett
Have you ever thought about packing up your belongings and setting out on an RV? To understand better what living in an RV is like, we recommend you give Alyssa Padgett’s book a read.
6. How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive by John Muir
People who own the Volkswagen are in for a helpful book which is filled with political knowledge with a dash of humor.
7. How to Build a Car by Adrian Newey
Followers of IndyCar or Formula One don’t need any introduction for Adrian Newey who is one of Britain’s greatest engineers. In this fascinating memoir, Newey has talked about his 35-year career in Formula One and has discussed in detail the cars he has designed.
8. The Art of the Automobile: The 100 Greatest Cars by Dennis Adler
With over 200 stunning photos, the book is nothing less than a treasure for car enthusiasts. So, if you are interested in knowing everything about both old and new cars, this book is just for you.
9. Million Dollar Classics: The World’s Most Expensive Cars by Martin Derrick and Simon Clay
Let’s face it: we all love to daydream about riding the most expensive car in the world. This book is for all car lovers who want to know more about their dream cars. The book talks about, in detail, the most sought after models by providing informative texts that talk about different details of the car.
10. Speed Reads: Supercar by Basem Wasef
A well-known automotive journalist, Basem Wasef has brought to the car lovers an insight into the world’s most exclusive and fastest supercars. This book tells you everything you need to know about supercars.