The main reason why you opted for a Toyota key fob is that you wanted to go keyless. Your battery-operated car remote makes it so easy for you to go in and out of the car. After completing its useful life, the remote’s battery may quietly die. As a result, you are left with an out-of-order remote.
But, this doesn’t call for panic at all. Luckily, changing the battery of your Toyota key fob is an extremely easy process. Yes, you don’t need to visit the dealership and spend a few dollars on the battery replacement. Here is what you have to do:
Things You Need to Change the Battery
You literally need the following two things to begin the battery replacement process:
1. The exact battery that your remote uses. [This information will be available in the manual] So, if you the old battery is CR1636, you have to get the same battery for the replacement.
2. A small screwdriver
The following is a step-by-step guide to change the batter in Toyota key fob. The first thing that you have to do is open the remote.
How to Open Toyota Key Fob
1. Hold the key fob in your hand and press the button on the side of the fob to eject the spare key.
2. Use the small screwdriver to unscrew the fob
3. The device will now be divided into two parts.
How to Change Battery in Key Toyota Fob
1. Hold the part in which a circuit board is located.
2. At the back of the circuit board is the old battery. Using the screw driver, take the battery out.
3. Now, take your new battery and put it into the system – push it until it clicks.
4. Put the board back in and join the two halves.
5. Insert the spare key.